Service Provider Awareness Training (SPAT) For Staff in the Disability Sector
This online course is designed to enable service providers to sort fact from fiction, develop knowledge on duty of care, address barriers and make referrals when supporting a person with disability to use the services of the sex industry. Access to a digital copy of the Touching Base Policy & Procedure Guide for disability service providers supporting clients to access sex services will be made available to all participants (hardcopy version is usually AUD $50 RRP).
To build the capacity of workers in the disability sector to support people with disability to access the sex industry
PLEASE NOTE: To be eligible you must have prior work experience supporting people with disability.
- To introduce and discuss facts about the sex industry
- To provide information about Touching Base Inc
- To explore the legal and policy obligations of the support worker when assisting people with disability in accessing sex services
- To develop strategies to support the rights of people with disability to access sex services
- To provide resources to support disability worker’s role
- To explore the support worker’s role in balancing duty of care with dignity of risk when assisting people with disability to access sex services
This workshop is being held over two x 3 hour live online training sessions.
Online SPAT Part 1: Friday 12th August 2022, 1pm - 4pm (AEST - NSW)
Online SPAT Part 2: Friday 19th August 2022, 1pm - 4pm (AEST - NSW)
Participants are required to attend both online workshop sessions - which will be interactive with group activities and plenty of group discussions.
If you attend both live online sessions you will receive a
Certificate of Attendance
This covers the cost of both sessions and digital access to the Touching Base Policy & Procedure Guide for disability service providers supporting clients to access sex services.
Limited number of participants
This workshop is limited to a maximum of 12 participants. Registrations will close as soon as the first 12 participants register – so don’t delay if you want to attend!
We will be operating a waiting list for these specific workshops in case someone withdraws their registration. So if you do miss out on being in the first 12 people to register you can still go on the waiting list.
|SPAT Online Workshop||A$210.00|